Saturday, August 15, 2015

Fluff

I saw it again today.

Living alone can make you paranoid. It had been ages since I’d last seen shadows in the corner of my eye, but the fuzzball just kept appearing out of nowhere, and I knew it couldn’t have been me just seeing things. It bumped into my cabinet, for Christ’s sake.

That night, I heard the bang, I saw the cabinet shake and the little critter hit it and make a run for it. I jumped out of my bed and chased after it. I couldn’t see it anymore after I made a corner, but I heard a faint tapping somewhere downstairs. I didn’t turn on the lights, because of course such things only exist in the dark in stories, and then I just descended down the stairs as fast as I could. Big mistake.


My foot seemed much more eager to greet the small creature than me and went ahead much faster, and before I knew it, I hit the stairs with the back of my head and was tumbling down. As I reached the floor, moaning in pain, I could’ve sworn I heard the tiniest of laughs right in my ear. And then the pain was gone, and so was any sign of the creature. I never saw it again.

2 comments:

  1. Здравствуйте, я хочу попросить у вас разрешения рекламировать ваш блог на моем сайте. Вы прекрасно пишете и я хочу показать это всем.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Здравствуйте, я хочу попросить у вас разрешения рекламировать ваш блог на моем сайте. Вы прекрасно пишете и я хочу показать это всем.

    ReplyDelete